Hand Crafted Wheat Weavings
& Home Made Maple Syrup
by Ed & Marje Shook
We offer for sale, various wheat weavings and maple syrup,
farm in the beautiful rolling countryside of Madison, Ohio.
Wheat Weaving is a Folk Art that dates back hundreds of years. In many
cultures, Wheat Weavings have been a symbol of good luck and have been
found in grain growing areas around the world. Originating in the European
countries as "corn dollies", corn being a generic name for grain, these
became known as "wheat weavings" in the United States.
Today wheat weavings are a blend of traditional and modern designs.
The straw of various grains is woven or plaited to make decorative pieces
for the home and as gifts for special occasions. I have many other designs,
please contact me for special requests or custom work.
Our shopping cart of
wheat weavings currently consists of:
The following are original designs of Marje Shook
- Corazon - Traditional House Blessing design
- Love Mordiford - Engagements - Anniversaries
- Flidhaus - the Celtic goddess of cloven-hoofed animals
- Wedding Mordiford - Traditional Wedding Gift
- Friendship Wreath - Remember friends in our lives
- Eco friendly bracelets made from straw
Our Ohio Maple Syrup is offered in 3 sizes: Pint, Quart, and Half
Gallon, which is made from our Maple Trees and processed here
on our farm.
Designed & created by
all rights reserved